Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mason is 1!

Happy Birthday Mason!


Then...March 29, 2010



Now...March 2011



Where or where has the time gone? Mason's birthday party is this weekend so I will have a longer post next week with pictures but I had to acknoledge his birthday. He goes for his 1 year check tomorrow but he is around 23 lbs. He has started to take some steps but he is way more content to just drop down and crawl. He now has 8 teeth and according to the dr he is working on his molars. My poor baby has been sick with strep but has been on meds since Friday so he is feeling much better. Just a little cranky with his teeth. We are still working on getting him ready for "real" people food instead of baby/toddler food by Gerber. Those are so expensive and I am so ready to be done with those! He has also been doing the sign language that I taught him. He can do the sign for "more", "all done" and I am working on getting him to make the "eat" sign and "thank you". Those are probably the only four I will do. He can say baba, dada, mama, hello (sounds like hewwoo) and bye (which sounds like baah). He is starting to play with his toys more and explore new toys. He has taken an interest in his sister's kitchen set and also her old Little People barn. She is reluctently letting him play with them. For his birthday we got him the Little People Ark with the two extra sets of animals. Sydney picked out a present for him too. She decided he needed a pillow pet like her and picked out the penguin for him. I am sure he will love it! We don't go crazy on presents for the kids because our families do it for us! If there is one larger thing we want to get them we usually do that.


I can not believe that this year has come and gone. I am very emotional about Mason turning one. He's (probably) my last baby and I want to savor every moment. It's not fair how fast time goes once you have kids. It should go slower! I have to say this has been the best year of my life thus far. Adding Mason to our family was the best thing we could have ever done. Sydney loves her baby brother and most of the time plays well with him. I personally can't get enough of him! Mason, Mama loves you so much and can't believe you are 1! Happy Birthday Baby boy! We all love you with everything we have!

1 comment: