Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 13

Day 13- Where are you spiritually? In a valley or on a mountain?
To start, sorry this post is a day late. Still sick! When I did Day 12 I looked ahead to what was coming for tomorrow, as I did for everyday. When I saw today's topic I actually stopped for a moment. This is probably the hardest post I have had to write yet. There was some soul searching involved. I wish I could say I was on a mountain, but really, I think no one is at the top. I think we are all in the climb. I will say I am not where I want to be spiritually. I have not been making going to church as big of a priority as it needs to be. I pray daily and do try to live my life in the way God would want me to, but I need to make Sundays (or Saturdays) a church day for our family. Once I had children it became very important for me to sit down for dinner together, even when Sydney was a baby. We would pray before every meal. We have gotten away from that a little bit, but our little 3 year old loudly reminds us we need to pray. That makes me very proud! I am honest with her about God and Jesus and what they mean to us and our life. I also tell her about heaven and that people go there when they die. We say our prayers before bed every night. After saying all that, I want to state that I am not a model Catholic, nor do I think I am, but I do think I am a good person and I am trying to become a better Catholic and to become more deeply invested in my faith. I want my kids to know our faith and to understand it. This year we made a point to explain to Sydney that Christmas is not just about presents, it's about Jesus' birth. Sydney and I made a birthday cake for Jesus and sang to him. I wanted to start this tradition in our family in the hopes that our children wouldn't become wrapped up in the present part of Christmas. I would say my faith is a work in progress, I believe what I believe and always have and always will but I think that making church more of a priority and all around becoming more spiritual will make our lives so much more fullfilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment