Tuesday, March 1, 2011

11 months!

Well, another month has come and gone. Mason is now 11 months old. Not much has changed from last month. He has gotten a couple more teeth...he is up to 7 now. I am working on getting him on more "real" food. It's hard because he didn't have teeth for a long time and then he got them all at once. But, we are working on it! He is cruising the furniture like a champ! He can also stand without holding on for quite a long time, but no steps taken yet. He will stand up and then when you call for him he drops down and crawls. I am ok with that, keeps him my baby for a little while longer. We are still working on getting him used to a sippy cup. I haven't really found one that he really likes but we have a couple he does ok with. We are just giving him water in them for now and he drinks it well. He still nurses 3 times a day and sometimes just 2.

His schedule goes a little something like this
Between 7 and 8 - wake up and nurse
1/2 to an hour later - one tub of fruit/cereal mixed with oatmeal
10 am - nap
12 - lunch 1 to 2 tubs of baby food
Between 3 and 4 - that second nursing happens around here if it happens at all
5:30 or 6 - dinner 1 to 2 tubs of baby food
8 - nurses and then bed

Pretty standard stuff. I worry he doesn't drink enough or eat enough but he seems happy and he is growing well so I guess that's just me being a mom!

He is talking a lot but isn't saying much! He says, mama, dada, baba and sometimes I think he says Lola (but it sounds kind of like Oooa). He is still my smiley man!

This month marked his first real sickness. He has strep. The antibiotic is causing him to have a wicked diaper rash but he is handling is quite well. I didn't even really know he was sick. Syd and I were sick so I had him checked too, and low and behold he had strep too. You would never know, he was acting totally normal.

Mason also got to go to his first water park this month. He wasn't much for the water. It took him quite a while to warm up to being in the water. He stayed in a splashed for a long time but then he wouldn't get back in once he was out. But he enjoyed watching all the other people around him.

Mason is also quite the dancer! He loves when we play Just Dance on the Wii. He jumps and bounces and moves right along with us. You can tell when it's a song he likes because man he gets moving!

All in all, a good month for Mason. We are not gearing up for his first birthday, which I am in total denial of. I have to get my butt in gear and get stuff bought and get going on his presents. I am so not ready for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment