Friday, November 12, 2010

Another Milestone

Well folks, we have reached another milestone...new car seats! Mason is currently still in his infant carrier but man is he heavy and Sydney is in a Britax Marathon Convertible car seat. Syd could stay in that car seat for a long time yet by the weight, the weight limit on that seat is 65 lbs. But I think she will outgrow the height sooner than later, not sure of the limit though. But Mason's weight limit for his car seat is 22 lbs and he was 20 lbs last month. I am sure he is close to that limit now. So Mason will be moving to Sydney's car seat and she will be moving to a booster seat with a 5 point harness. We ended up getting her a Graco Nautilus 3 in 1. I love it because the head rest can be raised and she won't outgrow the height. I think this is the last car seat for her because this seat can be used with the 5 point harness till 65 pounds and then a high back booster with the regular seat belt and then just a booster. So it was definitely worth the money. I haven't moved the kids car seats yet...I want to go to a local store here in town and get them put in professionally and learn the correct way to put them in. We never learned how to put the Britax in when it was rear facing. We just never moved it until she was ready to be forward facing! Silly! So I want to learn! I am so over carrying Mason in his infant carrier but him not being in it leads to a whole new set of problems. Putting him in a cart at the store or having the stroller? What to do with Sydney when I have to carry him and hold her hand? I think things will be a little more complicated without the car seat. It is a little bittersweet to get rid of that infant carrier because it will be the last time I will have one in my car (probably!). My babies are getting too old too quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment