Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Melting crayons!

Today I decided to do a fun project with Syd. I remember doing this with my babysitter, Linda, when I was little. We used to spend the summer at her house and she always had such fun activities for us to do. I took all of Syd's broken yucky crayons, took all the paper off of them and melted them in the oven to make fun crazy crayons! Syd thought this was such a great idea and had so much fun helping me take all the paper off and putting the colors in the muffin tins! Just put the crayons into muffin tins in a 400 degree oven for 5-10 min (mine took about 7 min) and like magic your kids will have new crayons to play with! Watch the crayons though because they can melt fast and you don't want to burn them! Once the tray is cooled you can pop it into the freezer for a minute or so and then they come right out!

Here is our crayons before...




























They were pretty tough to get out of the pan...not sure if there is a trick to it or not. I had to take a hammer to the bottom of my muffin pan! Haha, but they came out! Happy crayon melting!


No comments:

Post a Comment