Thursday, April 1, 2010

A few things I left out

My mom informed me that I did not do my water breaking story enough justice! It was really funny. I will start from the beginning again. The Dr came in and broke my bag in three places because nothing was coming out. The nurse said it was probably because the baby's head was pressed up tight against the cervix and when he moved it would all come out. A little while later while I was still in bed it did start to gush out. I layed there for a while longer thinking it had all come out. I got up to go to the rest room and boy was I wrong! There was a huge gush and I just flooded the floor. Keith went right into Nuc Med mode and started to treat me like a patient which in turn cracked me and my mom right up. He gets his gloves on and is giving me directions on what to do. Meanwhile, my mom is laughing so hard she is choking on her apple fritter and Keith is yelling at her to just sit down so she didn't asperate the fritter which makes us laugh even more. Then as Keith is cleaning it all up he is worried about the socks that I have on, which didn't get wet, telling me that since those are from home I better throw them away! It was hilarious!

Also, when I was doing my laps around the floor, slowly I might add as I was contracting, there was another patient also doing her laps. Only she was freaking running! I think she thought it was a race. She lapped me three times before I could get to the end of the hallway! Everytime she would go past me when I was having a contraction she would look at me like what the heck is her problem. This was her first baby come to find out and she was not having any contractions yet, she was also an induction. I thought, oh honey, just wait! I swore I was gonna trip her. She was going so fast that her husband needed to sit down and rest and she went on by herself in her fake uggs! We dubbed her "Mallwalker"! She later became known on the whole floor by this nickname. When my labor stalled she was still walking and I said I swear if she has her baby first I am going to freak out! By the time I had Mason, she was still walking! Much slower now though! She didn't make it down to the Mother Baby wing until the next morning and she ended up right next door!

These two funny events really made us laugh throughout the day and kept my spirits up!

No comments:

Post a Comment