Monday, August 30, 2010

Five months old!

Well, my baby boy is five months old and I am a little depresssed about it. Why does time have to move so fast? It seems like just yesterday he was in my big ol' belly!

Mason is hitting some of his big milestones...rolling over both ways, he started cereal, grabbing things left and right and staying awake for longer periods of time.
-He has been rolling over for a month or so and if we don't watch him he gets all the way across the room!
-The cereal thing...well I am not so good at giving it to him everyday. I am only giving it to him once a day. I was really good about it for like a week and then I didn't give it to him for a week and now I am back in the groove. He usually gets it around dinner time. He really doesn't seem to like it as much as I first thought he did. I think I might try oatmeal because I am thinking the taste might be a little bit better. I am going to try and wait until he is six months to start any first foods.
-I noticed about a month ago that Mason had good control of his hands and grabbing things that were put in front of him. He stares at them really hard and puts his hands up slowly and grabs that toy! He is also partial to hair and necklaces and clothing!
-Now, as far as napping goes, he has never been a good napper. I attribute that to his loud sister running around this house because when she has been gone he sleeps great! He takes little cat naps throughout the day with only one really good nap during Sydney's naptime. And sometimes that one isn't even that long. But he is usually asleep for the night at 9 at the latest and he sleeps till about 7 so I can't complain in that department. He really is a good baby and many many people tell me how easy going he is. He has really fit in quite nicely in this loud always on the go family!
-He usually nurses at 7, 10, 1, 4, 6:30 and then sometimes again at 8:30 or so. Those afternoon ones are always subject to change and sometimes he does that 6:30 one later so then he doesn't eat again until the morning.
-I have noticed that he is enjoying playing more especially in his jumperoo and on his play mat.
-His new trick is blowing raspberries! He is a slobbery mess! But so cute so you can't be mad at him!

Happy 5 month birthday baby boy! We love our little chunky monkey, scooter booter, Mason Tason! We like to rhyme in this house!

3 comments:

  1. Evan loves blowing raspberries as well! I forgot that in my 5 month update. It's hilarious!! Thanks for the blog update. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!! Happy 5 Months little Mason:)

    ReplyDelete